Monday, April 27, 2015

Good News!


I got my grant!
In December I was talking to a fellow teacher that told me about this amazing professional development opportunity for teachers called "Fund for Teachers." She teaches in the transitions program and said that she applied for and received a grant to go to New York to study the stock market right there on wall street.  I looked into the program and knew exactly what I wanted to do.  I teach students with learning disabilities and I wanted to know more about how to help my students.  Not only with their learning difficulties, but also with their strengths 

I searched online and found this summer institute in Wellfleet, MA.  

I filled out the Fund for Teacher application in January and.......in April I found out..... that...... I got the grant and an amazing opportunity to work with a world renowned neuropsychologist.  I hope to learn and apply the most recent best practice on assessments, interventions and the latest brain research for students with learning difficulties.

This blog will be my journey and then a record of how I use this experience to help inspire students, families and my community!


No comments:

Post a Comment